Thursday, March 3, 2011

Romans 2 part 1, Only One Really Judges!

There is so much packed into verses 1-16. I literally had to read it like three times to really understand and decided what exactly God was showing me. This is why I love Romans because it has so much theology jammed into it!


I am reminded of my Romans class that I took at college. I don't remember much from that class; but I do remember one thing. I recall my professor, Dr. Oss, talking about how the law of God is written on all of our hearts. That is why everyone is accountable to God even those who may never hear the gospel. The heavens and earth declare God and our hearts know there is a God. The choice is ours if we are going to choose to love Him in return. We are all without excuse. We are all on a level playing ground. Someday we will all be judged by one true God.

I love how God just cuts to the chase about things. Remember Paul is writing to the Roman Christians and God is clearly addressing their very state of their hearts . They were so concerned with judging others actions that they forgot to address there very own sin. They were just as lost, without God, as anyone else in sin. My hubby and I always laugh at how easy it is to point out others sin than it is to deal with our own.

Matthew 7

“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. 2 For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

3 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 4 How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.


I love how the New Living Translation of verse 4

4 Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?

Bottom line is what are
you going to do with the knowledge of God that is written in your heart. You have a choice to either serve Him or not; but understand that one choice is life and another is death. You can know the truth and not live it. You can ignore your sin or do something about it. You can hear it but not choose to believe it. You may listen but it doesn't make you right with God (vs.13). We can try to hide from God but he knows our secret heart.

God is truly wonderful; He gives us the gift of choice. He doesn't make us love Him. We get to decide to love Him or not. He is and has done so much to show His great love for us all we have to do is accept Him, believe in Him and live for Him.

What will God say about you when you stand before Him one day? What is your decision?
I have decided to follow Jesus...no turning back, no turning back!

GET JOY!

1 comment:

  1. no turning back! and that means letting God convict of sin and judge my heart! I'm so glad that He is a loving God who sees the real me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!