Monday, March 28, 2011

Romans 14, part 2 - Critical of Others

Alright now go read part 1 from yesterday so todays will make sense....
go ahead, I will wait.....

lalalalalalalala

Did you read it?

Good!

Have you ever known someone that has something critical to say about everything?! Maybe, someone has been critical toward you:
they didn't like your hair,
your outfit wasn't quite right,
or wished you had done better on a project,
possibly they don't like how you raise your kids,
maybe the list could go on and on and on until you want to pull out every hair in your head!
How does criticism feel? Does it inspire you to do better? Does it encourage you? Does it make you feel loved? Do you just wish they would stop talking and leave you alone?


Now let's take a look at Romans 14 and being critical of others. I find that it is far easier to find the faults in others than it is to find our own... isn't it?! That is why I talked about our own personal conviction first yesterday. I think it is very important to search our own hearts rather than to point out others wrong doings, verses 12 and 13 are actually very clear on this very matter.

12 Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. 13 So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.

God know us well doesn't He?! He wants us to really just focus on ourselves and our own relationship with Him and not get all caught up in thinking we can do something about others personal state with God. In reality, there is absolutely nothing we can do to save a person's soul or make them better that is God's job...not ours. He is also the judge, He is fair and good. I trust His judgment much more than I would ever trust mine or anyone else for that matter.

Whew, that should actually be rather relieving to us; it is one less thing that we have to think about. Now that doesn't mean we don't share, teach or instruct others about Christ; but it is not our personal mission 24/7 that they make through the pearly gates. Thank goodness I don't have to be everyone's personal Holy Spirit that would be exhausting. Remember God loves them far more than we do so let Him do the work, He will do a much better job at it too.

I have to do my best, watch what I say and do so that others can "follow me as I follow Christ."
My focus needs to be on my own relationship with God. I need to be very careful that I am not critical of others and instead encourage their relationship with Christ.

I love, love, love I Peter 3:8-9

8 Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. 9 Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing.
That is what God has called you to do,
and he will bless you for it.


Let us encourage one another in the faith, be blessed and....
GET JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!