Thursday, March 31, 2011

Romans 16 - My Greetings!


Our Romans study is coming to an end today. I am surprised about how quickly this month has gone...it has been a great time digging into the word of God.

Romans 16 is Paul's greetings to everyone there and a warning about causing divisions in the church. Most of the time when I read lists of names in the bible I usually think...boring. Something struck me today that caught my attention in this last portion of scripture.

Who would I greet in my letter if I were Paul. Who would be my mentors, prayer support, co-labors, friends? Paul realized the value of the body of Christ and the relationships that he had developed. God never intended for us to be alone. He knew that we would need family, friends and the church.

Everyday, I thank God for my church family. They pray for me, they love me, they are my friends and mentors; I don't even want to begin to think about what I would do without them.

When we value our friends and we follow the many lessons in this book in our hearts and lives, I don't think we would have the problems with division in the body of Christ. However, we live in an imperfect world and with this world comes imperfect people. So lets live lives in unity working together for the cause of Christ and be watchful of those who try to cause divisions.


So,If I were like Paul and needed to end a letter to those far away from me, here would be my list....

Greetings to my wonderful church family in my home town who has been so wonderful and encouraging for the last 8 years.


Greetings to my dear friend Jenilee for she has challenged me in my walk with the Lord and is a true kindred spirit.


Greetings to my sister Jennifer who speaks the truth to me when it is hard to hear sometimes. Her love for me is never doubted.


Greetings to the Neal's, my grandma and many other older people who prayers are so valuable and needed for my life.


Greetings to my in-laws who are always loving and kind.


Greetings to my parents who are the greatest support system. Who love me unconditionally.


Greetings to husband John who is my dearest friend and co-laborer in this great calling Christ has called us too.

and the list could go on and on! Who would be on your list???

27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

GET JOY!

1 comment:

  1. I am just now seeing this. Thank you. You have challenged me and inspired me from day 1. you came into my life at a crucial time and I'm so thankful to God for YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!