Friday, March 18, 2011

Freeing the Fat Friday- Whoo Hoo,The Benefits!

God's Lesson For Me
So for the first time ever in my life I have lost the most amount of weight that I ever have. I have lost 14 lbs. Whoo HOO! Now that may not seem like a lot; but it is for me. My goal is slow and steady so that this will be a permanent life change. Because it is not about weight loss it is about becoming healthy and glorifying God with my body. I have a long way to go; but I am learning so much.

One of the greatest things I have been learning is that sometimes I just don't need to eat it. Just because it is there doesn't mean it needs to go in my mouth. I am also learning to make better choices. I am learning the fine art of self control. What a challenge it has been!!!! I love this verse....

Philippians 1:6 (New International Version, ©2011)

6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Changing the way I eat is very much about my relationship with Christ. I want to surrender all that I am to His will, even my food. It is a process but that verse is a promise. He is faithfully working in me to make me all that He knows I can be.

Meals for the Week

Sticking to a 1,200 calorie plan is tough stuff. This week was a little rough and didn't keep to it for a few days; but I will pick it up this coming week. I am thinking of sticking with a meal plan to help.

Exercise

It is starting to get warmer...I think I will try some walking this week!

Food's Favorite Friends
I love, love, love the Nabisco 100 calorie snack packs....for when a girl just needs some chocolate! Thank you Nabisco...Thank you!

Life Challenge
Remember that this is always about God and not about me.

GET JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!