Friday, March 4, 2011

Romans 2 part 2, The State of Our Hearts!


All I can say is whoaaaa, Paul really gets right to the heart of the matter (vs 17-29). He is telling the Jews that it is not what you are on the outside it is who you are on the inside. You can do all the right things but get it all wrong. What is the true state of hearts?

God is always searching our hearts. I love what my friend Jenilee wrote yesterday about
God's Searchlight. As Christ followers we have to be careful to not be like the Jews here in this passage. We can know a lot of stuff and yet not let the Spirit have His way with our hearts.

Jesus wants all of us! We can not hold anything back. And we can't think of ourselves better than what we are. Our actions must match the condition of our heart. I never want verse 24 to be said of me.....

24
As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”


But rather I want this to said of me...

Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God. (vs.29)



GET JOY!


Make sure you stop over to Jenilee's blog on Romans today!
Sorry this is short but I have been very sick the last 24 hours. ; ( boo hoo

1 comment:

  1. I like that sentence... God wants all of us. I think Paul was clearly saying that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!