Tuesday, January 11, 2011

30 Days of Prayer 2011~ Day 10

For the next 30 days I am going to spend "30 Days in Prayer". I want to focus the next month on prayer. I am going to follow the simple pattern Jesus gave us, the Lords Prayer. Join me as I sharpen my prayer life and let this time encourage and strengthen your walk with the Lord.

What God's Word says about Prayer:
Psalm 73:23-28 (New Living Translation)
23 Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. 24 You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. 25 Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. 26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
27 Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. 28 But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.


Prayer Guide:
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)



1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)

Today, I am going to focus on: He is My Everything!

Psalm 73

23 Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. 24 You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny



2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)

Today, I am going to focus on: His will in the next couple of days here at Conference on the Ministry.


3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)

Today, I am going to focus on:


  • John and I would grow closer together
  • My children
  • Friends who have lost loved ones
  • Salvation for family
  • Our Missionaries that are here at the conference


4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)

"God has promised forgiveness to your repentance, but He has not promised tomorrow to your procrastination." ~Augustine


5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)

"The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us. " — A.W. Tozer

Don't forget to put your armor on....

Belt of Truth

Breastplate of Righteousness

Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace

Shield of Faith

Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit

6. Thank God for His Goodness (vs. 13 NKJV)

Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because
He is my everything!
7. Wait on God

But as for me, how good it is to be near God!

In the name of Jesus who is my everything, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!