Friday, January 7, 2011

30 Days of Prayer 2011~ Day 6

For the next 30 days I am going to spend "30 Days in Prayer". I want to focus the next month on prayer. I am going to follow the simple pattern Jesus gave us, the Lords Prayer. Join me as I sharpen my prayer life and let this time encourage and strengthen your walk with the Lord.

What God's Word says about Prayer: (Oh that I would be found righteous)

Proverbs 15:29 (New Living Translation)
The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayers of the righteous.


Prayer Guide:
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)



1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)

Today, I am going to focus on: He is Good!

Mark 10:18b (New Living Translation)
Only God is truly good!



2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)

Today, I am going to focus on: His will in the lives of our Missionaries and Brothers and Sisters in Christ who are being persecuted for the cause of Christ!


3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)

Today, I am going to focus on:


  • My children would know that all that they have is because of God's goodness
  • John would be amazed by the goodness of God
  • Missionaries our church supports
  • Salvation for family
  • Missionaries and fellow Christians in Iran who have been arrested.


4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)

Matthew 18:21-22 (New Living Translation)
21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?”
22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!


5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)

1 Corinthians 10:13 (New International Version, ©2010)
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

What a Promise!!!!


Don't forget to put your armor on....

Belt of Truth

Breastplate of Righteousness

Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace

Shield of Faith

Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit

6. Thank God for His Goodness (vs. 13 NKJV)

Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because
He is Good all the time and All the time God is Good!!!!
7. Wait on God

"Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue. Gods voice in response to mine is its most essential part."~Andrew Murray

In the so very Good name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!