What God's Word says about Prayer: (Oh that I would be found righteous)
Proverbs 15:29 (New Living Translation)
The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayers of the righteous.
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)
1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)
Today, I am going to focus on: He is Good!
Mark 10:18b (New Living Translation)
Only God is truly good!
2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)
Today, I am going to focus on: His will in the lives of our Missionaries and Brothers and Sisters in Christ who are being persecuted for the cause of Christ!
3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)
Today, I am going to focus on:
- My children would know that all that they have is because of God's goodness
- John would be amazed by the goodness of God
- Missionaries our church supports
- Salvation for family
- Missionaries and fellow Christians in Iran who have been arrested.
4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)
Matthew 18:21-22 (New Living Translation)
21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?”
22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!
5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)
1 Corinthians 10:13 (New International Version, ©2010)
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
What a Promise!!!!
Don't forget to put your armor on....
Belt of Truth
Breastplate of Righteousness
Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace
Shield of Faith
Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because
"Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue. Gods voice in response to mine is its most essential part."~Andrew Murray