Thursday, January 20, 2011

30 Days of Prayer 2011~ Day 18

For the next 30 days I am going to spend "30 Days in Prayer". I want to focus the next month on prayer. I am going to follow the simple pattern Jesus gave us, the Lords Prayer. Join me as I sharpen my prayer life and let this time encourage and strengthen your walk with the Lord.

What God's Word says about Prayer:


Revelation 5:8 (New International Version, ©2010)
8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

Prayer Guide:
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)



1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)

Today, I am going to focus on: He is my Victory!


Isaiah 25:8 (King James Version)
8He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Isaiah 54:17 (New International Version, ©2010)
17 no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the LORD.


2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)

Today, I am going to focus on: His will in all of my planning.


3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)

Today, I am going to focus on:

  • Family

  • My children

  • Protection

  • Salvation for family

  • Missionaries would have amazing victories


4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)

"to forgive is to not let someone rent free space in your head"


5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)

Put On my Armor!

Belt of Truth

Breastplate of Righteousness

Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace
Shield of Faith
Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit
6. Thank God for His Goodness (vs. 13 NKJV)

Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because He
is my Victory!

7. Wait on God
Spread out your petition before God, and then say, "Thy will, not mine be done." The sweetest lesson I have learned in God's school is to let the Lord choose for me. -Moody

In the Victorious Name of Jesus, Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!