Monday, January 3, 2011

30 Days of Prayer 2011~ Day 2

For the next 30 days I am going to spend "30 Days in Prayer". I want to focus the next month on prayer. I am going to follow the simple pattern Jesus gave us, the Lords Prayer. Join me as I sharpen my prayer life and let this time encourage and strengthen your walk with the Lord.

What God's Word says about Prayer: (I love the last part)

James 5:16 (New Living Translation)
16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.


Prayer Guide:
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)



1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)

Today, I am going to focus on: He is our Beautiful Creator!

Isaiah 40:28 (New Living Translation)

Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding.




2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)

Today, I am going to focus on: His will in my family.


3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)

Today, I am going to focus on:


  • John, that God will give him wisdom.
  • My Dad, that God will give him strength.
  • Protection & good health for my children.


4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)

I am going to leave this part private. ; ) But I want to encourage all of us to allow God to search and clean out any unforgiveness and things that we try to keep from Him. I love this verse.....

Psalm 51:10 (American Standard Version)
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me.


5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)

Today, I am going to focus on "Putting on the Armor of God" Gal. 6 again!
I think that during this time I am going to do this every day. As I was praying and imagining putting on the armor...it was so powerful that I think I will pray for this everyday. Clearly God has given us the tools to help us defeat temptation and protect us from evil. We just have to put them on and use them.....very cool! ( I have blogged about this before during my GEPC study, check it out)

Belt of Truth
Breastplate of Righteousness
Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace
Shield of Faith
Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit
6. Thank God for His Goodness (vs. 13 NKJV)

Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because I know He is our creator. He has a plan so much bigger than I could ever understand and it is beautiful.

7. Wait on God

There are always two parts of a conversation....talking and listening. I have done enough talking and now it is time for me to listen to what God wants to say to me.


In the Beautiful Name of Jesus, Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!