Sunday, January 9, 2011

30 Days of Prayer 2011~ Day 8

For the next 30 days I am going to spend "30 Days in Prayer". I want to focus the next month on prayer. I am going to follow the simple pattern Jesus gave us, the Lords Prayer. Join me as I sharpen my prayer life and let this time encourage and strengthen your walk with the Lord.

What God's Word says about Prayer:
Matthew 21:22 (New King James Version)
And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”



Prayer Guide:
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)



1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)

Today, I am going to focus on: He is Amazing!

Ephesians 3:20 (New Living Translation)
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.



2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)

Today, I am going to focus on: His will in our Plans, that they would be His Plans!


3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)

Today, I am going to focus on:


  • My children would be amazed by God!
  • John would be find rest!
  • My Pastor wife
  • Salvation for family
  • Missionaries and fellow Christians in Iran who have been arrested.


4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)

As Christ forgave me so I must forgive others!

Colossians 1:13-14 (New Living Translation)
13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, 14 who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.


5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)

Hebrews 2:18 (New Living Translation)
Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.

Don't forget to put your armor on....

Belt of Truth

Breastplate of Righteousness

Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace

Shield of Faith

Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit

6. Thank God for His Goodness (vs. 13 NKJV)

Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because
He is Sooooooooooo AMAZING!
7. Wait on God

"Prayer is the breath of the new creature."~Richard Baxter

In the Amazing name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!