What God's Word says about Prayer:
Lamentations 3:41 (New King James Version)
Let us lift our hearts and hands
To God in heaven.
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)
1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)
Today, I am going to focus on: He is Beautiful!
Psalm 27:4 (New King James Version)
4One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.
2. Pray for His Will to be done!
Today, I am going to focus on: His will amongest the nations rulers.
3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)
Today, I am going to focus on:
- My children
- Speed the Light
- Salvation for family & friends
"I can forgive, but I cannot forget," is only another way of saying, "I cannot forgive." -Beecher
4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)
5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)
Put On my Armor!
Belt of Truth
Breastplate of Righteousness
Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because He
Prayer is not merely an occasional impulse to which we respond when we are in trouble: prayer is a life attitude.