Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday's Walk~ Grandpa's Pond

This is my fantastic Grandpa. He is so wonderful and I love him so much. I have been scanning old pictures and I found some of the pond that he constructed in their backyard in the city. Unfortunately, these pictures are of when he was working on it....not finished. My Grandma later went in with all the beautiful flowers and bushes that made it beautiful. I will have to try to find pictures of it finished; but this is all I have for now.

I loved that pond as a kid. We would roll up our pants to catch tadpoles and goldfish. We would capture our cousins and banish them to the island in the middle. I would skip around the outside path singing my heart out. We would sit on the bridge and dangle our feet. So many fond memories.......

So thank you Grandpa for building more than just a pond but building memories for your grandkids.










Jenilee at The Goodwin Family is hosting Wednesday's Walk.

4 comments:

  1. oh I know. My girls are making such great memories with my parents and us on their lake. I LOVE it. I love the pictures you put with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful pond. Some of my best memories have nature in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful memory! I love the pictures,,, enjoying stopping by here today.
    Blessings,
    September

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! My grandpa's pond is a special place for me, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!