Tuesday, January 4, 2011

30 Days of Prayer 2011~ Day 3

For the next 30 days I am going to spend "30 Days in Prayer". I want to focus the next month on prayer. I am going to follow the simple pattern Jesus gave us, the Lords Prayer. Join me as I sharpen my prayer life and let this time encourage and strengthen your walk with the Lord.

What God's Word says about Prayer: (We serve a God who listens to us and answers our prayers)

Psalm 66:19 (New Living Translation)
But God did listen!
He paid attention to my prayer.


Prayer Guide:
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)



1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)

Today, I am going to focus on: He is Holy!

Psalm 99:5 (New Living Translation)
Exalt the Lord our God!

Bow low before his feet, for he is holy!





2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)

Today, I am going to focus on: His will in my parents and sister.


3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)

Today, I am going to focus on:


  • Sister's needs
  • My Mom, that God will give her understanding.
  • My kids will know Christ.
  • Salvation for friends
  • Missionaries needs


4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)

I am amazed of God ability to forgive us; who am I to not give forgiveness in return. I love this verse.....

Psalm 86:5 (New Living Translation)
O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,

so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.


5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)

Today, I am going to focus on "Putting on the Armor of God" Gal. 6 again!


It is like getting ready for the day. Not to many people walk out of there house in the morning and go to work with thier pj's on, hair a mess, sour breath and no food in thier belly. That would be silly and you would not have a job for long. Just as we take care in getting ready for the day physically we need to get ready for the day spiritually...Put on your Armor!

Belt of Truth

Breastplate of Righteousness

Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace

Shield of Faith

Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit
6. Thank God for His Goodness (vs. 13 NKJV)

Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because He is so Holy. There is no one, no thing or no god like our GOD!

7. Wait on God

Enough of me....I want more of Him!

In the very Holy name of Jesus, Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!