Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30 Days of Prayer 2011~ Day 16

For the next 30 days I am going to spend "30 Days in Prayer". I want to focus the next month on prayer. I am going to follow the simple pattern Jesus gave us, the Lords Prayer. Join me as I sharpen my prayer life and let this time encourage and strengthen your walk with the Lord.

What God's Word says about Prayer:

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 (New International Version, ©2010)
17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


Prayer Guide:
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)



1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)

Today, I am going to focus on: He is Great!

Psalm 86:10 (New Living Translation)
For you are great and perform wonderful deeds. You alone are God.




2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)


Today, I am going to focus on: His will in my friendships.


3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)

Today, I am going to focus on:


  • Family
  • My children
  • Protection
  • A dear friend in the hospital
  • Salvation for family
  • Missionaries encouragement


4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)


5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)

Put On my Armor!

Belt of Truth

Breastplate of Righteousness

Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace
Shield of Faith
Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit
6. Thank God for His Goodness (vs. 13 NKJV)

Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because He
is a Great God!
7. Wait on God

Biblically, waiting is not just something we have to do until we get what we want. Waiting is part of the process of becoming what God wants us to be. ~ John Ortberg
In the Great Name of Jesus, Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!