What God's Word says about Prayer:
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 (New International Version, ©2010)
17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)
1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)
Today, I am going to focus on: He is Great!
Psalm 86:10 (New Living Translation)
For you are great and perform wonderful deeds. You alone are God.
2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)
Today, I am going to focus on: His will in my friendships.
3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)
Today, I am going to focus on:
- My children
- A dear friend in the hospital
- Salvation for family
- Missionaries encouragement
4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)
5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)
Put On my Armor!
Belt of Truth
Breastplate of Righteousness
Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because He
Biblically, waiting is not just something we have to do until we get what we want. Waiting is part of the process of becoming what God wants us to be. ~ John Ortberg