Monday, January 10, 2011

30 Days of Prayer 2011~ Day 9

For the next 30 days I am going to spend "30 Days in Prayer". I want to focus the next month on prayer. I am going to follow the simple pattern Jesus gave us, the Lords Prayer. Join me as I sharpen my prayer life and let this time encourage and strengthen your walk with the Lord.

What God's Word says about Prayer:
Matthew 6:6 (New International Version, ©2010)
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.


Prayer Guide:
I am using the "Lord's Prayer" as a guide. (Matthew 6:9-13)



1. Praise God for Who He is! (vs. 9)

Today, I am going to focus on: He is Love!

Romans 5:8 (New International Version, ©2010)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.




2. Pray for His Will to be done! (vs.10)

Today, I am going to focus on: His will in the next couple of days here at Conference on the Ministry.


3. Pray for Him to meet our needs! (vs. 11)

Today, I am going to focus on:


  • I would feel His Love!
  • My children would feel God's love!
  • John would feel God's love!
  • Our church board
  • Salvation for family
  • Missionaries and fellow Christians in Iran who have been arrested.


4. Pray for forgiveness and that I would forgive others. (vs. 12)

One of the greatest stories of forgiveness...Joseph forgiving his brothers.

Genesis 50:16-21 (New Living Translation)
16 So they sent this message to Joseph: “Before your father died, he instructed us 17 to say to you: ‘Please forgive your brothers for the great wrong they did to you—for their sin in treating you so cruelly.’ So we, the servants of the God of your father, beg you to forgive our sin.” When Joseph received the message, he broke down and wept. 18 Then his brothers came and threw themselves down before Joseph. “Look, we are your slaves!” they said.
19 But Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid of me. Am I God, that I can punish you? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. 21 No, don’t be afraid. I will continue to take care of you and your children.” So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them.


5. Pray for Help against Temptation! (vs. 13)

1 John 4:4 (New International Version, ©2010)
4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Don't forget to put your armor on....

Belt of Truth

Breastplate of Righteousness

Feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace

Shield of Faith

Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit

6. Thank God for His Goodness (vs. 13 NKJV)

Today, I am going to focus on: Thanking Him because
He Loves Me
7. Wait on God

"Do not have your concert first, and then tune your instrument afterwards. Begin the day with the Word of God and prayer, and get first of all into harmony with Him." ~Hudson Taylor

In the Loving name of Jesus, Amen!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!